Sunday, April 12, 2009

Vintage Easter Postcards . . .

These vintage Easter postcards brought back fond childhood memories. I always got several in the mail each year from out of town relatives. Now we send eCards.


This one is my favorite! Which is yours?

My mother used to make new outfits for me (and my brother) until I got old enough to sew my own. After that I can remember being up late the night before putting the finishing touches on my creation and being somewhat sleepy in church on Easter Sunday. I was an expert seamstress from a young age and my clothes never looked homemade. I don't sew much now but I sometimes dream about it. Have a wonderful Good Friday and a great Easter (and Passover) weekend. The weather is supposed to be nice here. ♥Rosemary

flickr images



Content in a Cottage

4 comments:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Oh, these are great! I will probably print out the rabbit ones for my art journal. Thanks for sharing!

Millie said...

Just a gorgeous set Rosemary, but if I had to chose I love the little bare-foot girl with the duckling. How wonderful that you are able to sew - I'm just hopeless in that department, despite many attempts. I now understand now why I was 'given' so many boy babies! Enjoy your Easter weekend sweet friend.
Millie ^_^

Gal Friday said...

Well, there's something I didn't know about you until now--that you sewed your own clothing.
The cards are marvelous! The smoking rooster and the dancing chick(with apron) and rabbits are my favorites.

Lee said...

I just found your blog. These pictures are darling. I had to smile when you said your mother made outfits for you and your brother. When I tell my now adult boys (without thinking) that I like an outfit they're wearing, the always remind me that boys and men don't wear "outfits". It's nice to hear someone speak my language.